Thursday 29 September 2011

My Interview

Question 1: What is the title of the fictional book you are currently reading, or the last one you read?


"I read the Series of Unfortunate Events about 4 years ago. To be honest, I never read that much fiction, I'm far more likely to be reading non-fiction books. It's not that they don't interest me, I think the stories are thrilling, I just prefer other media such as film or games."


Question 2: What is the title/topic of the non-fictional book you are currently reading, or the last one you read?


"PC Gamer (Magazine), and for actual BOOKS, I've been reading 'Challenges For Game Designers' by Brenda Brathwaite"


Question 3: What is the last live performance you attended?


"'We Will Rock You' in London. Though probably not my first choice, my friend Saul is absolutely obsessed with it; I went in with low expectations, but I actually thoroughly enjoyed myself that night."


Question 4: What is the title of the last film you saw at the cinema / online or watched on DVD?


"Fight Club (Blu-Ray), it was an amazing film and I'm just surprised I never watched it before. The storyline was really interesting with some great twists, and the film direction and art style was also superb."


Question 5: How often do you read a newspaper?


"Never, I've only read the newspaper when waiting at the dentists or doctors appointments."


Question 6: Which art gallery / museum / exhibition did you last visit?


"Science Museum in London, I've been there a few times now, but I still find it very interesting."


Question 7: How many hours a week do you spend playing video games?


"30 - 50 usually, my most played game is Team Fortress 2 which has about 710 hours of game-play overall; I've had the game for 3 years now. The same goes for Minecraft in recent days, I've been playing that a great deal. Those two games have something in common, they don't follow a storyline. Because of that their playability in the future is almost limitless."


Question 8: How many hours a week do you spend playing games other than video games?


"None right now, but before I came to University I had a 'Games Night' every Wednesday night with 4 of my friends. It was really fun, it was for all of us to experience new board games as well as play some old classics like 'Monopoly' and 'Risk'."




Hello Kitty rules

4 comments:

  1. Hi Dom,

    It'd be good to make the blog a little more conversational. Longer posts, with some comments or opinions, would add some of your personality to the entries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 hours a week is waaay too much, but there is a large bank of hours their to draw on for the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that's true, and to be fair, that was a statistic more based on our summer holiday before starting at university. It's no where NEAR that high now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In her book Reality is Broken, games designer Jane McGonigal wonders what will happen to society as a result of all the time that people spend playing games, and goes on to suggest that techniques related to games design and game play can be used to make the world a better place. There are a couple of copies in the college library ...

    ReplyDelete